Best Prep Schools
The best day or boarding Prep Schools in the UK

  • Our expert advice service can establish the perfect school for your child
  • Helping parents choose the best private preparatory schools
  • Specialising in London, Home Counties and Boarding Preps
  • Call us on 01622 813870 to discuss your requirements; the initial consultation is free
Related Pages: - Boarding Prep Schools - International Schools - Summer Schools - Visas for UK - Guardianship - English as an Additional Language


Currently non-EU students aged between 4 and 17 require a tier 4 (child) student visa if they are to study in the UK for over 6 months. 

In order to make the visa application, the child must have a firm offer of place at an independent school that has Tier 4 status. The family must also have enough money in an accessible account to cover the course fees and boarding costs for the first year. The current cost of the visa application is £335. For further information on applying for visas see the official government page at

Note, not all schools have Tier 4 status; schools apply for a set number each year. Once your child has been offered a place, the school will send you a CAS form with all of the information you need to present to the visa office in your home country. We can help you to identify schools that can support you with this.

If parents wish to accompany their child, they will need to apply for a ‘Parent of a Tier 4 (Child) visa’. We work closely with a team of visa specialists who can guide you through the whole visa process. Please contact us on +44 (0)1622 813870, or complete an enquiry form for further information.

Latest from our blog...